Sunday 1 February 2015

Tangle Teezer

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well.

Today I want to talk about Tangle Teezer's.

This is by far the best hair brush I have EVER used. It is amaaaazing, like I can't say a bad word about it.

I've had mine for approximately 2 years I think, and it's still going strong, I can't see any places on it were it has worn.

Here's what they look like, if you've never seen them before. They are so cute and come in so many colours and patterns (picture courtesy of Google Images):





They are designed by a gentleman called Shaun Pulfrey AKA Shaun P (who's name is on the non-bristles side of the brush). Shaun was a contestant on UK TV's Dragon's Den, to which Shaun showed his invention, to see if one of the panelists would fund his idea, for a percentage of the profits. Unfortunately Shaun was not successful on Dragon's Den.
However, he sure showed them, when he decided to self-finance the idea and now the Tangle Teezer has sold millions!

Here is a link about Shaun and his story if you are interested:
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/smallbusiness/article-2328543/From-reject-riches-Tangle-Teezer-defied-Dragons-sold-millions.html

I personally have a glittery all purple one, which goes everywhere with me! I would really recommend it to anyone. My Mum has one too as she tried mine! Also, my hair salon uses them and also retails them; as that's just how incredible they are!

To add to that,  I recently went out for a works do, and me and a few girlies from work stayed in the same hotel room. Whilst we were all getting all dolled up, they saw me use my Tangle Teezer and asked about it, 'cause let's face it, it doesn't look like your normal hairbrush. I convinced them to try it, and they were really impressed with how it glided through their hair with ease. They were so impressed that they both ended up getting one shortly after!

What makes this brush amazing is the material of the bristles and how there is two different sizes of bristle too, so they easily glide through your hair so easily and remove any knots you have so gently.

It can also be used on wet or dry hair, long or short etc. It's also really great for distributing conditioner/leave in treatments evenly through your hair.

As I say, I have the original size, like in the picture above, but now they make compact ones, like this (picture courtesy of Google Images):

Now, what makes this compact one even more amazing, is that is smaller, so it's more handbag and travel friendly. But, it also has a cover, which protects the bristles when travelling, but also prevents the bristles damaging anything else you make be carrying alongside it.

And if that wasn't all, they make an Aqua Splash one (picture courtesy of www.boots.com):

The Aqua Splash has been specifically designed to untangle hair in the shower!

Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash














Finally (jeez I can ramble) , let's get to the price of one of these beauty's. They are really quite inexpensive and can vary between £10-£15, depending on where you purchase them from. I purchased mine for £10 from Boots. Currently they are on www.boots.com for £10.99 each. However, Boots frequently have a 3 for 2 offer on, so you could get three of these puppies and give two as gifts or keep them  all for yourself and keep one on your dresser, one in your bag and one at work.

Here's to happy, healthy tangle free hair!

Take care, and I'll see you at the next blog post,

Caroline xx



No comments:

Post a Comment